A parent-teacher association (PTA) is a formal organization composed of parents, teachers and staff that is intended to facilitate parental participation in a school. The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
What is the PTA?
Our Mission Statement
- Raise funds to promote activities that enhance the joy and well-being of Boeckman Creek’s students and staff in a way that complements and enriches the learning environment.
- To provide volunteer support for school programs that result in the nurturing and education of all of our kids.
- Advocate on behalf of students, staff and the school.
- Encourage community support by building relationships among the parents, the school and the community.
A Glimpse of some of our PTA Funded Programs and Services
- Art Literacy
- Annual Grants to teachers for classroom supplies
- Grade Level Grants for special projects
- Health and Wellness programs
- Class Parties – Fall and Valentine's Day
- Playground Equipment
- Computer Equipment and Technology
- Fifth Grade Recognition Event
- Book Exchange
- New Library books
- Bobcat Folders
- Parent Education and Social Events
- Staff Appreciation celebrations
- Enrichment Assemblies and Scholarships
Our PTA is made up of hard-working parents & teachers who pool their talents to provide practical support for our school. Those listed below volunteered to provide leadership this year. Get to know their names and faces, and feel free to ask them if you have questions. Interested in open board positions? Contact us!
Jessy Lee - President
Kelly Nelson - Vice President
Lisa Sheehy - Secretary
Laurie Good -Treasurer